Thursday, March 18, 2010

N my heart starts pounding...

You know that feeling you get when you're in the presence of a certain someone who makes you giggle on the inside and out? When (despite your better judgment) you can't help but think about that someone day and night and even pray for a sweet dream that includes him when you close your eyes in slumberland? When you see him from afar and try so hard to look away for fear of looking desperate; but you can't help it and you just have to get a good long look at him, as though you will never see him again tomorrow? Your heart starts pounding frantically against your chest and you know what's coming next. You're about to fall so hard, head over heels in love.

I don't believe in love at first sight. I might claim to be a hopeless romantic but honestly, how can you even suggest that it's true love after having seen just a glance of someone? It's only infatuation. N the symtoms above are merely side effects from this infatuation-bug. So I admit, while I might not be quite as crazy "in love" just yet, I'm getting dangerously close. Even with my eyes wide open, seeing that this could not possibly have a fairytale ending; I'm falling - FAST! And I'm not even sure why this guy. Why HIM? My heart just has a way of toying with my feelings.

And I tried to walk away. N was almost successful. I had almost convinced myself to head to the nearest exit. But then I see him again. And as he stands up close to me and I'm looking straight into his eyes, my mind goes blank and my heart starts pounding. So hard that for a moment I lose my breath, but then I wake up to reality and tell myself to breathe. And it's just like any other day. We turn to go our separate ways. He doesn't care, he doesn't know. And I'd like to keep it like that. Maybe then I will not fall again. Maybe this time, I wouldn't have to hit rock bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment